YOUTH RED CROSS WING
Co-ordinator : Sri Venkatesh Naik, Assistant Professor
Mobile : 9611697334, E-mail: email@example.com
The MOTTO of Red Cross:
Youth Red Cross Wing members are the builders of the Country who take part in bringing the very MOTTO Of Red Cross, that is “SERVICE TO SOCIETY”.
ABOUT THE RED CROSS:
The Indian Red Cross is a voluntary humanitarian organization having a network of over 700 branches throughout the country, providing relief in times of disasters/emergencies and promotes health & care of the vulnerable people and communities. It is a leading member of the largest independent humanitarian organization in the world, the International Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement.
It promotes humanitarian values, which encourage respect for other human beings and a willingness to work together to find solutions to issues. From the seven fundamental principles of Red Cross humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality, the movement aims to influence the behavior of all the people.
A substantial portion of the membership of Indian Red Cross Society is made up of young people. Young volunteers can make a significant contribution to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable people within their local communities through Red Cross youth programme.
The main objectives of the YRC movement is based on the principles of protection of health and life, service to the sick and suffering, promotion of national and international friendship to develop the mental and moral capacities of youth.M
Mission of the India Red Cross is to inspire, encourage and initiate at all times all forms of humanitarian activities so that human suffering can be minimized and even prevented and thus contribute to creating more congenial climate for peace.
1. Blood group checkup camp for students of our institution. Blood group cards are issued and list is preserved.
2. On the eve of National safety week, Industries and domestic safety day organized and observed in association with Hindustan coca-cola Beverages pvt ltd, Koppal and X-India steels, Koppal.
3. Youth Red Cross volunteers involved in pulse polio immunization programs.
4. A live demonstration of disaster management organized in association with Koppal District Fire Brigade.
5. Workshop on Rehabilitation to Differently Abled Person
6. Aids awareness, health awareness programs are being organized.
7. Free medical checkup camp at Kawaloor.