The Department Of Physical Education is aimed at improving and maintaining “Sound Mind in a Sound Body”, and it is striving to promote native talents and sensibilities to become well known to all. Currently, the department is heading by Mr. Vinod C Mudibasanagoudar.
The department has offered both Indoor and Outdoor facilities. It’s proud privilege to say that the history of our college it has excelled and contributed more than two hundred fifty university blues in various events like, Kabaddi, Volleyball, Cricket, Handball, Ball Badminton, Table Tennis and Badminton including in Athletics also. Further, to involve more number of students in sports activities Intra-mural activities are conducted in February & March in every year.
The Department also takes the responsibilities to protect, preserve and to promote active atmosphere it has organized special lecturers to inspire and encourage through important personalities of the field are invited as chief guest to mention few Dr. Pratap Singh Tiwari, Director of Physical Education GUG and Ms. Premalata Sureban, an International Cyclist etc. And many students participated in many games in university level.
“SOUND MIND IN SOUND BODY”
“To Train the Students in order to maintain balance between Physical and Mental Trait through participation in Sports, Games and Physical Exercises”
1. To Create Awareness of The Physical Education.
2. To Overall Development of the Students.
3. To Keep Body Fit And Mind Alert.
4. To overcome Sense of Integrity and Team Spirit.
5. To Creating Interest in the Sports Activities to Keep Them Away From Bad Habits
Chairperson : Sri Rajarajeswara Rao C.V., Principal
Coordinator : Sri. Ishappa Meti
Members : Sri Jayasimha M.R. and Sri. Maheshrao K
• The institution has both indoor and outdoor game facility for students for various sports events.
• The institution has the Sports Advisory Committee to assist to the Physical director in the smooth conduct of the sports events and sports relates activities in the institution.
• The sports Advisory committee held at least two meeting in an academic year. In the first meeting in the month of August the committee must chalk out the programme of various sports activities or events that are to be conducted in the institutional level.
• Accordingly, the sports advisory committee assists to the Physical Director, either in the selection of teams or in the conducts of the sports events in the institution.
• The Sports Advisory Committee assist to the Physical Director in the smooth conduct of Annual sports events and annual sports day, where in, the sports medals with certificates are distributed to the sports winners in the different sports events.
• The sport Advisory committee also assists to the physical director in conducting university level or intercollegiate level meet in the college.
• The sports related expenditure in the institution are made in consultation with the sports Advisory committee.
• To create zeal amongst students and faculty members towards sports.
• To organize training, coaching and education in sports for everybody so that they can learn to keep themselves physically fit.
• To enhance the interest of participants in the field of sports.
• To achieve the goals we plan to organize various competitions in the following sports: handball, cricket, volleyball, throwball, table tennis, chess, carom and badminton etc.
• To promote every individuals’ health, physical well-being as well as the acquisition of physical skill among the students.
• The committee aspires to inculcate qualities such as sportsmanship, team spirit and bonding.
• It is designed to serve the interests of the student’s community in competitive sports and other recreational activities i.e. both indoor and outdoor.